Footprints Security is a 100% locally owned and operated security services provider, proudly serving Vancouver Island since 1980. Footprints Security is seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist to join our dynamic Head Office team in Nanaimo.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely management of payroll and benefits for 350+ employees across Footprints’ Island-wide operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calculate and administer full-cycle payroll for 350+ non-unionized employees in an accurate and timely manner
- Enter, maintain, verify, and update employee payroll data such as direct deposit information, deductions, and personal information
- Administer group benefit plans ensuring accurate enrollment, changes and terminations of participants, and accurate payroll deductions
- Completes year-end payroll procedures including the preparation and distribution of all employee tax documents
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records, forms, and files
- Respond to inquiries and is a source of information for staff regarding payroll and benefit matters
- Issues Record of Employment forms in a timely manner to comply with EI regulations
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal and Provincial payroll legislation
- Collaborate with other departments in a productive manner
- Formal payroll specific training and/or significant Canadian payroll experience
- Minimum 5 years of recent experience performing comprehensive payroll and benefits administration
- Recent experience with ADP and/or Ceridian payroll software
- Solid knowledge of legislation, rules, and regulations affecting payroll including taxation, employment standards, Worker’s Compensation, Employment Insurance, and garnishments and benefits
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to use judgment and discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment; able to plan, prioritize, organize work to meet deadlines
- A high level of professionalism with the ability to remain calm during periods of high stress
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, intermediate to advance MS Office (Word and Excel)
- University degree in business, finance, or related field
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) and/or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) certification
- Recent experience with Ceridian’s Power Pay software
What Footprints Offers:
- $55,000 - $65,000, commensurate with education and experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Continuing education and professional development support
- A fun and engaging work environment
- A flexible schedule with the potential to work remotely on occasion
Footprints Security is an equal opportunity employer and promote an inclusive environment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.