Are you interested in getting into the security industry or a future in law enforcement but don’t know where to start? Footprints can help!
Footprints Security is unique; we are different from the provincial and national security companies. We are locally owned and operated and pride ourselves on being a family-run business that serves the communities in which we live. When you join Footprints, you are not just getting a job – you are joining a family who wants to see you succeed in having a positive impact in Vancouver Island communities. We provide a healthy work-life balance with flexible schedules to meet your needs, above average industry pay, and an extended health and dental plan for qualified employees (conditions apply).
Footprints is looking for individuals who are interested in becoming licenced Security Professionals but have not taken the BST course and do not hold a BC Security Worker’s Licence. For eligible applicants, Footprints will cover the cost of the BST training (normally $375) for select Victoria area classes and employ you as a Security Guard once you have a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence.*Conditions Apply – Contact us for details
Basic Security Training (BST)
To become a security professional and work in the security industry in British Columbia, you will need a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence. In order to successfully apply for your Security Worker’s Licence, you will need to have completed the Basic Security Training (BST) program. The Basic Security Training course is regulated by the Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC), and Footprints offers this training with our in-house trainer.
The course includes 40 hours of in-person instruction and a mandatory examination which you must pass before you can apply for your Security Worker’s Licence. The exam itself is a 100-question multiple choice test which you have two hours in which to complete.*Time spent completing the BST course and exam is unpaid
Security Worker’s Licence
Once you have successfully completed the BST course and exam you can apply for your Security Worker’s Licence. Licencing is not done through the JIBC; but rather through the BC Ministry of Justice. Note there is a fee payable to the Ministry for Security Licence applications, and all fees associated with Security Licence requirements and applications are the responsibility of the individual.
Once you hold a valid BC Security Licence Footprints will employ you as a Security Guard in the Victoria area.
Security Guard - General Responsibilities:
• Observe, record, and report activities and security incidents while on shift;
• Ensure client property and personnel are secure and follow site-specific instructions;
• Conduct foot patrols, including standing and walking for long periods of time;
• Provide exceptional customer service to clients and the public;
• Respond to alarms as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• A valid BC Security Worker’s Licence is required;
• Flexible availability: ability to work day, afternoon, evening, and overnight shifts covering all days of the week and holidays;
• Ability to use computers and smartphones with ease;
• Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
• Ability to write clear and concise incident reports;
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods;
• A calm demeanor and sound decision-making skills;
• Fluency in English.
What Footprints Offers:
• $15.00/hour starting wage;
• Extended Health and Dental Plan (conditions apply);
• Flexible schedules – we make it work for you;
• Opportunities for advancement;
Footprints Security is an equal opportunity employer and promote an inclusive environment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.