$300.00 SIGNING BONUS AVAILABLE FOR GUARDS WITH A VALID BC SECURITY WORKER’S LICENCE! (Conditions apply)
Are you an experienced Security Professional with a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence looking to work with a dedicated, Vancouver Island-based team?
Footprints Security is unique; our accountable approach to business driven by our Core Values separates us from our competitors. We are celebrating our 40th year in business and are looking for talented people to join our team!
We are locally owned and operated and pride ourselves on being a family-run business that serves the communities in which we live. When you join Footprints, you are not just getting a job – you are joining a family who wants to see you succeed in having a positive impact in Vancouver Island communities. We provide a healthy work-life balance with flexible schedules to meet your needs, above average industry pay, and an extended health and dental plan for qualified employees (conditions apply).
Footprints Security is seeking security professionals with a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence to join our growing team in a full time or part time permanent Security Guard position at a semi-remote location in the Cowichan Valley.
Security Guard – Site-Specific Responsibilities:
- Conduct vehicle patrols of industrial site
- Observe, record, and report activities and security incidents while on shift
- Ensure client property and personnel are secure and follow site-specific instructions
- Conduct foot patrols, including standing and walking for long periods of time
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients and the public
- Respond to alarms as required
- Utilize radios and other communication tools
- Adhere to emergency notification procedures
- Perform fire response including fire pump operation
- Adhere to site shut down procedures as needed
- Adhere to spill control measures
- Monitor groundwater in compliance with site standards
- Operate Veeder Root systemConduct accurate tank gauge and injection system readings
- Make accurate and concise journal entries
- Adhere to yard boundaries and water lot lease requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A valid BC Security Worker’s Licence is required
- Class 5 BC Drivers Licence is required
- Clean drivers abstract is required
- Flexible availability: ability to work afternoon, evening, and overnight shifts covering all days of the week and holidays
- At least 1 year of experience in the security industry
- Ability to use computers and smartphones with ease
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a busy environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to write clear and concise incident reports
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods
- A calm demeanor and sound decision-making skills
- Fluency in English
What Footprints Offers:
- Premium site-specific pay rate
- $300 Signing Bonus available for candidates with a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence (conditions apply)
- Extended Health and Dental Plan (conditions apply)
- Flexible schedules – we make it work for you
- Opportunities for advancement
- Employee recognition programs and events.
Footprints Security is an equal opportunity employer and promote an inclusive environment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.