$300.00 SIGNING BONUS AVAILABLE FOR GUARDS WITH A VALID BC SECURITY WORKER’S LICENCE! (Conditions apply)
Are you an experienced Security Professional with a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence looking to work with a dedicated, Vancouver Island-based team?
Footprints Security is unique; we are different from the provincial and national security companies. We are locally owned and operated and pride ourselves on being a family-run business that serves the communities in which we live. When you join Footprints, you are not just getting a job – you are joining a family who wants to see you succeed in having a positive impact in Vancouver Island communities. We provide a healthy work-life balance with flexible schedules to meet your needs, above average industry pay, and an extended health and dental plan for qualified employees (conditions apply).
Footprints Security is seeking Security Professionals with a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence and Boiler Awareness Certification to join our growing Parksville team in a full time security and access control position at a lumber sorting facility in the Parksville area.
Access Control Security Guard - General Responsibilities:
- Observe, record, and report activities and security incidents while on shift;
- Ensure client property and personnel are secure and follow site-specific instructions;
- Conduct foot patrols, including standing and walking for long periods of time;
- Provide access control duties for staff, visitors, logging trucks, and lumber;
- Complete daily shift reports and utilize electronic guard touring system;
- On-site alarm response;
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients and the public;
- Respond to alarms as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A valid BC Security Worker’s Licence is required;
- Valid Boiler Safety Awareness Certification is required;
- Valid OFA 1 Certification is required;
- Flexible availability: ability to work day, afternoon, evening, and overnight shifts covering all days of the week and holidays;
- Familiarity with industrial sites, including checking water levels and for leaks, watching for fuel leaks, checking boiler pressure, checking vapourizer, and checking and recording propane tank information;
- Ability to use computers and smartphones with ease;
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to write clear and concise incident reports;
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods;
- A calm demeanor and sound decision-making skills;
- Fluency in English.
What Footprints Offers:
- $14.60/hour starting wage;
- $300 Signing Bonus available for candidates with a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence (conditions apply);
- Extended Health and Dental Plan (conditions apply);
- Flexible schedules – we make it work for you;
- Opportunities for advancement;
- Employee recognition programs and events.
Footprints Security is an equal opportunity employer and promote an inclusive environment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.