Footprints Security is a 100% locally owned and operated security services provider, proudly serving Vancouver Island since 1980. Footprints Security is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Scheduling Manager to join our busy Head Office team in Nanaimo.
As the Scheduling Manager, you will play a key role in our Central Island operation by effectively and efficiently staffing resources to meet client needs while keeping overtime costs at a minimum. The successful candidate will be a master problem solver with the ability to anticipate future issues and proactively mitigate problems. A team-oriented outlook is required and the ability to negotiate with staff is key. This position works under pressure therefore focus and strong attention to detail is required. The successful candidate will have a mix of administrative and operational skills, along with exceptional computer skills. This is a fast-paced role with a dynamic organization; exceptional multi-tasking is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Applies knowledge of scheduling assignments to create and manage the daily deployments of Security Guards;
• Identifies resources and ensures the right person is scheduled at the right site, at the right time;
• Ensures all scheduling procedures are documented and accessible;
• Provides excellent customer service and creates strong working relationships with all staff members;
• Prepares scheduling reports;
• Proactively plans for future work, advises appropriate personnel of upcoming staffing issues, and anticipates problems before they arise;
• Prepares schedules in a manner that optimizes staff resources while minimizing overtime costs;
• Maintains a solid understanding of employment standards and pay practices, policies, and procedures;
• Tracks requests for time off including vacation and personal leave requests;
• Assists the Operations Manager with performance management, tracks and reports on employee attendance, and advises Operations Manager of potential staffing problems that may arise as client requirements change;
• Maintaining records of Security Guard qualifications, certifications, and training, and coordinates on site training requirements with site supervisor to meet client needs.
Qualifications and Requirements
• University degree preferred; minimum educational requirement is some college;
• Minimum two years’ experience in a scheduling or dispatch role, preferably in the security industry;
• Advanced computer skills required; mastery of MS Office assumed, and high level of proficiency using Gmail, Google Drive and Google Docs. Competency with InTime software is considered an asset;
• Must understand rotational shift patterns and scheduling best practices;
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate;
• Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
• Ability to be productive and efficient with limited supervision;
• Eagerness and ability to learn quickly;
• Ability to work with precision and accuracy while demonstrating attention to detail;
• Strong organizational and planning skills in an office environment with fluctuating volumes and demands;
• Ability to mitigate problems and find creative solutions;
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
What We Offer
• Competitive salary;
• Extended Health and Dental benefits;
• A fun and engaging work environment
Footprints Security is an equal opportunity employer and promote an inclusive environment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.