Are you an experienced Security Professional with a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence looking to work with a dedicated, Vancouver Island-based team?
Footprints Security is unique; our accountable approach to business driven by our Core Values separates us from our competitors. We are celebrating our 40th year in business and are looking for talented people to join our team!
We are locally owned and operated and pride ourselves on being a family-run business that serves the communities in which we live. When you join Footprints, you are not just getting a job – you are joining a family who wants to see you succeed in having a positive impact in Vancouver Island communities.
Footprints Security is seeking security professionals looking for a flexible, on-call position in Port Alberni. The right candidates will be available from 0730-2130 daily, and may or may not be called-out to work for up to 2 hours at a time during the on-call period, based on operational demand.
On-Call Security Guard Security Guard - General Responsibilities:
- Be available to work from 0730-2130. Call-outs may or may not occur and are based on operational requirement
- Respond to alarms as required, on an on-call basis
- Complete security assignments on an on-call basis
- Observe, record, and report activities and security incidents while on shift
- When on shift, the position involves standing for long periods of time
- Work in public areas where interaction with clients and the public is required while adhering to physical distancing guidelines
- Mitigate conflict and deescalate issues while providing exceptional customer service
- Ensure client property and personnel are secure and follow site-specific instructions
- Complete daily shift reports
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A valid BC Security Worker’s Licence is required
- Class 5 BC Driver’s licence and vehicle is required
- A clean drivers abstract is required
- Flexible availability: this position includes being available to work from 0730-2130 daily, including weekends and holidays. Note that call-outs during the on-call period will vary based on operational demand and are not guaranteed.
- Exceptional dress and deportment
- Ability to use radios and smartphones
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a busy environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to write clear and concise shift and incident reports
- Ability to stand for long periods
- A calm demeanor and sound decision-making skills
- Fluency in English
What Footprints Offers:
- A premium rate paid for each call-out event
- Use of company vehicle during on-call period
- Opportunities for advancement
- Employee recognition programs and events
Footprints Security is an equal opportunity employer and promote an inclusive environment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.