$300.00 SIGNING BONUS AVAILABLE FOR GUARDS WITH A VALID BC SECURITY WORKER’S LICENCE! (Conditions apply)
Are you an experienced Security Professional with a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence looking to work with a dedicated, Vancouver Island-based team?
Footprints Security is unique;we are different from the provincial and national security companies. We are locally-owned and operated and pride ourselves on being a family-run business that serves the communities in which we live. When you join Footprints, you are not just getting a job – you are joining a family who wants to see you succeed in having a positive impact in Vancouver Island communities. We provide a healthy work-life balance with flexible schedules to meet your needs, above average industry pay, and an extended health and dental plan for qualified employees (conditions apply).
Footprints Security is seeking guards with a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence and a Class 5 Drivers Licence with a clean driver’s abstract to join our growing Nanaimo team in a full-time or part-time Mobile Patrol Security Guard position.
Security Guard - General Responsibilities:
· Observe, record, and report activities and security incidents while on shift;
· Ensure client property and personnel are secure and follow site-specific instructions;
· Conduct foot patrols, including standing and walking for long periods of time;
· Provide exceptional customer service to clients and the public;
· Respond to alarms as required.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
· A valid BC Security Worker’s Licence is required;
· A valid Class 5 Drivers Licence with clean driver’s abstract is required;
· Flexible availability: ability to work day, afternoon, evening, and overnight shifts covering all days of the week and holidays;
· At least 1 year of experience in the security industry;
· Ability to use computers and smartphones with ease;
· Strong supervisory skills with the ability to guide and support Security Guards;
· Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a busy environment;
· Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
· Ability to write clear and concise incident reports;
· Ability to stand and walk for long periods;
· A calm demeanor and sound decision-making skills;
· Fluency in English.
What Footprints Offers:
· $17.00-$18.50/hour starting wage;
· $300 Signing Bonus available for candidates with a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence (conditions apply);
· Extended Health and Dental Plan (conditions apply);
· Flexible schedules –we make it work for you;
· Opportunities for advancement;
· Employee recognition programs and events.
Footprints Security is an equal opportunity employer and promote an inclusive environment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.