Footprints is seeking experienced Marine Security Guards who possess a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence to provide security services at a busy port in Nanaimo. In accordance with the Government of Canada’s Marine Transportation Security Act, the Marine Security Guards provide protection for personnel, information, and property.
Footprints Security is unique; we are different from the provincial and national security companies. We are locally-owned and operated and pride ourselves on being a family-run business that serves the communities in which we live. When you join Footprints, you are not just getting a job – you are joining a family who wants to see you succeed in having a positive impact in Vancouver Island communities. We provide a healthy work-life balance with flexible schedules to meet your needs, above average industry pay, and an extended health and dental plan for qualified employees (conditions apply).
Marine Security Guard – General Responsibilities:
- Provide highly controlled access control to a Restricted Area within a busy marine facility, ensuring all visitors review and sign site access control documents;
- Administer site access passes and key fob control and distribution, including handling and lost/expired keys and fobs;
- Adhere to complex standard operating procedures of the site consistent with site and legislative requirements;
- Responsible for prevention, surveillance, and protection of facility security;
- Administration of all aspects of site security including considerable work with various computer programs, cell phones, radios, and other technology;
- Conduct security patrols during shift as required;
- Monitor incoming vessels and schedules;
- Document and deliver the Declaration of Security and the Facility Information Package to all incoming shifts when Site Supervisor is not on site;
- Monitor site for fire, fire hazards, trespassers, security violations, and suspicions incidents, ensuring strict reporting requirements are met;
- Complete security related incident reports;
- Ensure truck wash is de-iced;
- In the event of an emergency evacuation, assist with Incident Commander when Site Supervisor is not on site;
- Provide exceptional customer service to clients and the public;
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A valid BC Security Worker’s Licence is required;
- Flexible availability; ability to work a variety of shifts including day, afternoon, overnight, and holidays;
- Possess the Person with Security Responsibilities Certificate, or ability to obtain this training;
- Exceptional administrative skills, including using various technology for reports and logs;
- Exceptional computer and administrative experience, including but not limited to email, MS Office, Itrak digital forms applications, Entrapass and Avigilon software
- Experience and proficiency performing camera surveillance using various software;
- Experience in administering complex computerized key fob system ensuring enhanced security protocols are maintained;
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Maintain a high standard of dress and deportment;
- Vigilance, attentiveness to detail, and alertness are required;
- Familiarity with appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Strong reporting and documentation skills;
- A calm demeanor and sound decision-making skills;
- Reliable transportation;
- Fluency in English
What Footprints Offers:
- $16.50 per hour;
- $300 Signing Bonus available for candidates with a valid BC Security Worker’s Licence (conditions apply);
- Extended Health and Dental Plan (conditions apply);
- Opportunities for advancement;
- Employee recognition programs and events.
Footprints Security is an equal opportunity employer and promote an inclusive environment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.